- Capital: Reykjavik
- Form of Government: Republic
- Area: 102,775 km2
- Religion: 75,1% Christianity, 21,5% No Religion
- Phone: +354
- Language: Icelandic
- Time difference: -2 hours
- Population: 315,556 (2021)
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK)
Icelandair and Finnair have direct flights from Helsinki to Reykjavik and Icelandair to Akureyri. There are also other direct flights from Bergen, Brussels, Amsterdam, Barcelona and Birmingham. Several other airlines also have flights to Reykjavik. For example, Air Baltic operates between Riga and Reykjavik from May to September.
Cruises are organized in the Grímsey area. The trip leaves by bus from Akureyri, and the boat cruise starts from Dalvik.